Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Best of Red Lips Vintage

I really loved setting up shop for Red Lips Vintage. Part of me and Alex's decision to spend winter in Indianapolis revolved around the ability to live cheaply so I could thrift my little heart out and spread my hard earned vintage treasures around the world. As a clueless recent graduate with no desire to pursue art history, this leap of faith brought me an overwhelming sense of purpose that I'd never experienced before in my young life. Red Lips Vintage's success gave me a creative effort to dive head first into, a sort of awakening that I am in fact creative, hard working, and ambitious. Is it silly that I didn't know this until I was 21 years old? I arrived in Indiana with this mission and when folks asked me where I was headed with it, I knew Red Lips Vintage may not be my life's work, but would absolutely lead me to it. I made 328 sales and 1497 shop hearts in a 7 month time span, and will be forever proud of that accomplishment as I pursue my love of sewing and newfound interest in lingerie design. To be honest, it's kinda scary to be scrambling again without a steady income from etsy sales, but I'm okay with a little uncertainty.

Thank you so, so much to my lovely customers, sweet blog readers, supportive friends, Alex, and especially my parents, who have always encouraged me to make my dreams a reality. My heart is open to you all! Red Lips Vintage may be winding down with a closing sale, but there's still time for a little round of The Best of Red Lips Vintage. To be fair, these are just some of my favorite shop photos...Man, I am going to miss my Indianapolis photo spot more than anything! Such. Good. Lighting.
Teal Baby Girl DressDoll Drop Waist Dress
Calivintage GiveawayStriped Bodysuit
Coachella Crop TopSeafoam Skinnies
auction favesRed Culottes
red lips vintage on etsyred lips vintage on etsy
Blue is the color of my true love90s mini w/ rose print
oversize flannel
daisy hot shorts
Short Blk Cotton UnitardTea Time Polka Dot Dress
Folk Singer DressWorking Girl TrousersVelvety Floral DollFloral Jumper with Cutout BackAudrey's Black Dress
Click here to check out Red Lips Vintage for discounted vintage goodies starting at $8.99!

10 comments:

A and A said...

heyyo!
wonderful beautiful blog!

keep on keepin' on.
xx
amy
refusestolabel.com

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness! Well it certainly has been a good ride! I look forward to see what is next!

Melissa said...

Aw, I'm going to miss browsing all the pretty items in your shop! Congrats on a successful run with Red Lips Vintage.

Dandelionkisses said...

Darling photos :) I love the black crocheted crop top photo and the last one with the black dress. And I just made your burgers! They were amazing :)

Amber Blue Bird said...

That red dress with the lace peter pan collar is killer. Cute photos.

Emily said...

Beautiful vintage!

Good for you for pursuing your dreams!

Emily

http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com/

She Can't Decide said...

oh, oh my darling! I can not wait to see what new things you will accomplish! Please, write often, and keep creative.

xoxo
Amanda

p.s. I love so many of your favs too!

rachel / Red Lips Vintage said...

Aw I love you guys! You know I'm gonna still keep blogging right? Duh! That's one of the things I'm working really hard to promote right now, and I've been doing a lot of writing in my free time too!

Thanks for the encouragement <3<3

Caitlin said...

You are so tiny & cute! I am so glad I got the chance to purchase from you a few times. I love your passion. I wish I could feel so strongly about something productive!

Dulcette said...

Congratulations, dear Rachel, for running such a successful and beautiful shop. I know I will miss it! Thanks for giving me lots of Etsy inspiration, I learned from the masters! xx

http://pretty-odds-and-ends.blogspot.com/