Friday, December 3, 2010

Unforeseen Circumstances

Photobucket
Tonight I'm attending my first ever fashion show! Portland's local lingerie shop, Lille Boutique, is hosting a show for an upcoming label called Unforeseen Circumstances. Not only is designer Teo Griscom's line of lingerie gorgeous and unique, but the website presents a really cool concept board style mash up of photos that directly inspire the line, fabric swatches, sketches, and of course, the finished result. I absolutely love seeing the thought process that went into making such beautiful danties! It makes me feel like I should be amassing inspiration for my own future lingerie line, and hopefully my goal #2 will help. This fabric looks as soft and silky as rose petals, which must have been difficult to sew but totally worth it. I nearly went batty sewing silk at Colette Patterns yesterday...it's so slippery! But alas, all this practice will definitely pay off when I'm ready to design some pretty underpinnings.  

Is anyone else going to the fashion show tonight?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All photos by Unforeseen Circumstances.

4 comments:

Siubhan said...

Oh beautiful things – so unusual. I haven't got around to working with silk yet, mainly because I'm nervous and it's expensive! I'm sure it is worth it though.

Roxy Indica said...

I love your job, Rachel! Beautiful things!!! Congrats!!

P U R P L E - D E E R said...

I really like the color pallet they use.

Le premier bonheur du jour said...

This is pretty!