Monday, September 26, 2011

Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto


While most of my garden is withering away, the tomatos are still quite persistent. I've been snacking on an endless supply of cherry tomatos, layering delicious yellow taxi tomatos on slices of toast with hummus, and finally this evening whipped together a roasted tomato pesto over orecchiette with mushrooms and lentils on the side. I snagged the recipe from one my favorite food blogs, Oh She Glows, but roasted the garlic before adding it to the pesto and served it with a roasted tomato on top so we could savor in this simple summer delicacy. 

4 comments:

voip services said...

i like them very much .

Becca said...

sounds amazing!
pesto is one of my top five favorite foods. roasted garlic is the bomb!
pretty pictures :)

Aya Smith said...

Oh, roasted garlic! Being so hungry right now, just the thought alone is torture! :)

Hope you are doing well, my dear!

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

golden dove design said...

Looks so yummy. Those mushrooms look good too! Thanks for leading me to the recipe and vegan blog.